Case Study - Manufacturing Company
The Client & Situation
A third generation sheet metal fabrication company located in a 70,000 square foot facility outside St. Louis, Missouri. The facility utilized equipment ranging from small punch presses to multi-million dollar lasers and was lit by ineffective high bay, metal halide lights that required too much energy and too much maintenance.
- Improve light levels throughout the facility.
- Reduce energy costs by seeking a minimum of 50% reduction in lighting energy spend.
- Maximize utility rebate dollars.
After the facility audit, the Dazor team met with the company owner and production supervisors to create a customized retrofit solution featuring its best-in-class, high efficiency (167lm) high bay VG-2 fixtures.
The Dazor team then retrofitted three buildings with LED lights, including a re-design of the lighting for highly critical production areas.
The end result of the project was excellent. The new lighting...
- Improved light levels by 60%.
- Reduced annual energy consumption by 143,000 kWh.
- Saved 58% in annual lighting energy spend.
- Eliminated the need for costly maintenance and labor.
- Maximized the utility rebate; 14% of total project costs.